An ASCE Student Organization must:
- Be in good standing with ASCE (annual report and annual dues submitted and received by ASCE prior to the start of the Student Conference).
- Attend and participate in their assigned Student Conference as shown through their school's:
- Good faith participation in the Student Conference Business Meeting (i.e. on time attendance by at least one student representative);
- Good faith participation in the Student Conference Paper Competition (i.e. submission and presentation by at least one member of the ASCE Student Organization); and
- Meeting any additional requirements of Student Conference participation set by the Student Conference at the previous year's business meeting or in their written and approved by-laws, standing rules, or constitution.
Note: The concrete canoe design paper/oral presentation does not count as an entry into the Student
Conference Paper Competition.